- Title: Super Mario Odyssey
- Platforms: Nintendo Switch
- Release Date: Holiday 2017
- Developer: Nintendo
- Rating: RP (Rating Pending)
- Genre: Action, Platformer
- Players: 1
Who could forget the feeling when you saw Super Mario 64 for the first time? That innovative game featured huge worlds to explore and provided massive replay value.
The same was true for the next generation Super Mario Sunshine, which featured a big upgrade in controls, graphics, and an even bigger worlds to explore. The next big sandbox-style Mario, Super Mario Odyssey, promises to be just as great!
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Super Mario Odyssey: A Cap-tivating, Globe-Trotting Adventure!
Join Mario on a massive, globe-trotting 3D adventure and use his incredible new abilities to collect Moons so you can power up your airship, the Odyssey, and rescue Princess Peach from Bowser’s wedding plans!
This sandbox-style 3D Mario adventure—the first since 1996’s beloved Super Mario 64 and 2002’s Nintendo GameCube classic Super Mario Sunshine—is packed with secrets and surprises, and with Mario’s new moves like cap throw, cap jump, and capture, you’ll have fun and exciting gameplay experiences unlike anything you’ve enjoyed in a Mario game before.
Get ready to be whisked away to strange and amazing places far from the Mushroom Kingdom, and if you feel like playing with a friend, just pass them a Joy-Con controller!
NEW EVOLUTION OF MARIO SANDBOX-STYLE GAMEPLAY
Mario embarks on a new journey through unknown worlds, running and jumping through huge 3D worlds in the first sandbox-style Mario game since Super Mario 64 and Super Mario Sunshine. Set sail between expansive worlds aboard an airship, and perform all-new actions, such as throwing Mario’s cap.
- Explore huge 3D kingdoms filled with secrets and surprises, including costumes for Mario and lots of ways to interact with the diverse environments—such as cruising around them in vehicles that incorporate the HD Rumble feature of the Joy-Con controller or exploring sections as Pixel Mario.
- Thanks to his new friend, Cappy, Mario has brand-new moves for you to master, like cap throw, cap jump and capture. With capture, Mario can take control of all sorts of things, including objects and enemies!
- Visit astonishing new locales, like skyscraper-packed New Donk City, and run into familiar friends and foes as you try to save Princess Peach from Bowser’s clutches and foil his dastardly wedding plans.
- Hand a Joy-Con controller to a friend to enjoy simultaneous multiplayer. Player 1 controls Mario. Player 2 controls Mario’s new ally, Cappy.
- A set of three new amiibo figures—Mario, Princess Peach and Bowser in their wedding outfits—will be released at launch. Some previously released amiibo will also be compatible with this title. Tap supported amiibo to receive gameplay assistance—some amiibo will also unlock costumes for Mario when scanned!
We’ve got more video game content for you!
Paper Mario: The Origami King
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Link’s Awakening For The Nintendo Switch
Super Mario Maker 2: Build Your Own Courses
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Yoshi’s Crafted World: Crafty Family Fun
New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe: Pure Fun
Our Starlink: Battle For Atlas Experience
The 90s Are Back: Super Nintendo Classic Edition
Coming Soon: SUPER NINTENDO Classic Edition
The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild
Sharing The Fun Of Video Games With My Kids