- Platform: Nintendo Switch
- Release Date: 1/11/2019
- Includes New Super Luigi U
- 164 courses between both games
- All a player needs is one Joy-Con™ controller, so two people can team up right out of the box
- We’re currently uploading full HD New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe gameplay videos over at our YouTube channel, Deans & Nicoles. Please subscribe!
Super Mario is no stranger in our household. My kids share my love of the fun platforming games from Nintendo, and we have a lot of them!
From the original NES all the way to the Wii U and nearly every Nintendo console in-between, we own our fair share of Super Mario games. They’re truly our go-to game for fun, family-friendly content.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Now the kids get excited about what the Nintendo Switch has to offer, and one game release on the horizon that we’re watching is the upcoming New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe.
This new game is a re-release of the New Super Mario Bros U from the Wii U, but with a few new additions. Toadette and Nabitt are now playable characters, and Toadette turns into Peachette by getting a Super Crown.
A second game mode features New Super Luigi U, which is the first platformer with Luigi in a starring role. Essentially, the price includes two games with a combined 164 courses, which should keep our kids busy for a while!
New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe Features
- A variety of playable characters are available, some with unique attributes that affect gameplay and platforming physics.
- Younger and less-experienced players will love playing as Toadette, who is brand new to both games, and Nabbit, who was formerly only playable in New Super Luigi U. Both characters offer extra assistance during play.
- Multiplayer sessions are even more fun, frantic, and exciting thanks to entertaining character interactions. Need a boost? Try jumping off a teammate’s head or getting a teammate to throw you!
- Features a wealth of help features, like a Hints gallery, reference videos, and a Super Guide in New Super Mario Bros. U that can complete levels for you if they’re giving you trouble. Internet access is required in order to access Videos gallery.
- Three additional modes—Boost Rush, Challenges, and Coin Battle—mix up gameplay and add replayability, while also upping the difficulty for players who want to try something harder. Players can use their Mii characters in these modes!
- Share the adventure with a friend! During two-player co-op gameplay, each player can use a single Joy-Con controller, so no additional accessories are required. And to add two more players to the mix, all you need is one extra set of Joy-Con controllers (sold separately).
New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe Gameplay Videos
We are currently uploading New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe HD gameplay videos to our YouTube channel. These videos reveal Star Coin and Secret Exit locations.
I have linked to those videos below. Keep checking this article for links to more game level uploads, or better yet, please subscribe to our YouTube channel and enable notifications so you’ll know right away when we upload new videos!
Acorn Plains 1 – Acorn Plains Way (Star Coins)
Acorn Plains 2 – Tilted Tunnel (Star Coins)
Acorn Plains 2 – Tilted Tunnel (Secret Exit)
Acorn Plains – Crushing Cogs Tower (Star Coins)
Acorn Plains 3 – Yoshi Hill (Star Coins)
Acorn Plains 4 – Mushroom Heights (Star Coins)
Acorn Plains 5 – Rise of the Piranhas (Star Coins)
Acorn Plains – Blooper’s Secret Lair (Star Coins)
Acorn Plains – Lemmy’s Swingback Castle (Star Coins)
Layer-Cake Desert 1 – Stone-Eye Zone (Star Coins)
Layer-Cake Desert 2 – Perilous Pokey Cave (Star Coins)
Layer-Cake Desert 3 – Fire Snake Cavern (Star Coins)
Layer-Cake Desert – Stoneslide Tower (Star Coins)
Layer-Cake Desert 4 – Spike’s Spouting Sands (Star Coins)
Layer-Cake Desert 4 – Spike’s Spouting Sands (Secret Exit)
Layer-Cake Desert 5 – Dry Desert Mushrooms (Star Coins)
Layer-Cake Desert 6 – Blooming Lakitus (Star Coins)
Layer-Cake Desert – Piranha Plants On Ice (Star Coins)
Layer-Cake Desert – Morton’s Compactor Castle (Star Coins)
Frosted Glacier 1 – Spinning-Star Sky (Star Coins)
Frosted Glacier 2 – Cooligan Fields (Star Coins)
Frosted Glacier – Freezing-Rain Tower (Star Coins)
Frosted Glacier 3 – Prickly Goombas! (Star Coins)
Frosted Glacier 4 – Scaling the Mountainside (Star Coins)
Frosted Glacier 5 – Icicle Caverns (Star Coins)
Frosted Glacier – Swaying Ghost House (Star Coins, Secret Exit)
Frosted Glacier – Fliprus Lake (Star Coins)
Frosted Glacier – Wendy’s Shifting Castle (Star Coins)
Sparkling Waters 1 – Waterspout Beach (Star Coins)
Sparkling Waters 2 – Tropical Refresher (Star Coins)
Sparkling Waters – Giant Skewer Tower (Star Coins)
Sparkling Waters – Haunted Shipwreck (Star Coins)
Sparkling Waters – Haunted Shipwreck (Secret Exit)
I’ve got more video game content for you!
Paper Mario: The Origami King
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Link’s Awakening For The Nintendo Switch
Super Mario Maker 2: Build Your Own Courses
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Yoshi’s Crafted World: Crafty Family Fun
Our Starlink: Battle For Atlas Experience
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Mario’s Next Big Adventure: SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY
The 90s Are Back: Super Nintendo Classic Edition
Sharing the Fun of Video Games With My Kids
Coming Soon: SUPER NINTENDO Classic Edition