Yoshi’s Crafted World At A Glance:
- Platform: Nintendo Switch
- Release Date: 3/29/2019
- Rating: Everyone with Mild Cartoon Violence
- Genre: Action, Platformer
- Players: 1-2
- Jump into a new Yoshi adventure in a world made of everyday objects—like boxes and paper cups!
I’ve been a fan of Yoshi games ever since the 90s. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island is one of my favorite games for the Super Nintendo, and it’s been fun to revisit that game on the Super Nintendo Classic Edition.
That game is a perfect mix of fun and difficulty, with great music and graphics. The fun hand-drawn/hand-made look has been a staple of Nintendo games featuring Yoshi, and that look and feel is back in Yoshi’s Crafted World for the Nintendo Switch.
Our kids have played the downloadable demo dozens of times already; they can’t wait for the full game! Nintendo looks to have implemented the hand-crafted look to perfection in this latest adventure featuring Yoshi and his familiar pals.
Yoshi’s Crafted World looks colorful and fun; of course our kids were immediately drawn to it. We look forward to seeing new photos and footage before release day this coming March.
Yoshi’s Crafted World Official Synopsis
As Yoshi, you’ll leap up high, gulp down enemies, and set out on a treasure hunt to find all the different collectibles. On the flip side, stages can be played backwards, providing new perspectives to explore and new ways to locate some of the more craftily hidden items!
It all started when Kamek and Baby Bowser set out to steal a gem-set stone. Legend has it that this fabled artifact can grant the bearer their wildest dreams! But when the artifact’s gems are sent flying, it falls upon Yoshi and friends to find them. Luckily, saving the day can be cooperative and challenging. Pass a Joy-Con controller to a friend to team up as fellow Yoshis. Also, Mellow mode gives Yoshi wings for a breezier experience, which may come in handy! Finding all the flowers, coins, and Poochy Pups is no small feat! For extra protection, suit up in one of the handicraft costumes you can unlock in-game!
- Explore each stage and then find even more secrets by making your way through the stage backwards on the flip side!
- Overcome varied enemies and obstacles, like Zombie Guys, Skelesaurus, Ukiki, and Monty Mole as you seek out hidden collectibles
- Pass a Joy-Concontroller to a friend for 2-player cooperative exploration
- Clad Yoshi in collectible, protective, handicraft costumes as he makes his way through each stage
Want to watch some gameplay in HD? Check out the video below!
I’ve got more video game content for you!
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe: Pure Fun
Our Starlink: Battle For Atlas Experience
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Mario’s Next Big Adventure: SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY
The 90s Are Back: Super Nintendo Classic Edition
Sharing the Fun of Video Games With My Kids
Coming Soon: SUPER NINTENDO Classic Edition