Disclosure: This article is a multi-brand collaboration, sponsored by Wagner, Behr, Ryobi, Liberty Hardware, Aspect Stone, and Gorilla Glue. All opinions are my own.
If you’re a parent and love DIY, please join our Facebook community!
Remodeling a kitchen can be quite an undertaking. There were a lot of changes we wanted to make, but we also wanted to keep our kitchen remodel as simple as possible.
Most of our remodel was cosmetic, so there wasn’t too much to tear out.
Our Kitchen Remodel Objectives
Here’s a breakdown of our kitchen remodel:
- Uninstall a cooktop and replace it with a stainless steel gas cooktop/range.
- Upgrade our old fridge to a new, stainless steel model.
- Reface all cabinet doors and drawer fronts.
- Install a small cabinet space in-between a wall and the new range.
- Install a few shelves where the wall oven used to sit.
- Remove a cabinet above the fridge.
- Repair some cracked cabinet doors.
- Install new hardware for the cabinet doors and drawers.
- Paint the walls and cabinets.
- Install a tile backsplash.
Tools and Materials
Disclosure: The product links below may contain affiliate links. I receive a percentage if you purchase via those links. However, this in no way changes the price for you.
Buy the tools and materials you need for this project at The Home Depot online and have them shipped to your door or pick up your order at your store!
You can also download the free The Home Depot mobile app to your iPhone, iPad or Android device to save time, money and stay organized. It’s so convenient, it’s like having a Home Depot store associate in your pocket.
- RYOBI 12 in. Sliding Miter Saw
- RYOBI 10 in. Table Saw
- RYOBI 18-Volt Cordless Brushless Hammer Drill/Driver
- RYOBI Random Orbital Sander
- RYOBI Cordless 1 Gallon Air Compressor
- RYOBI Brad Nail Gun
- Wagner FLEXiO 3000 HVLP Paint Sprayer
- Tape Measure
- Carpenter Pencil
- RZ Mask Dust Mask
- BEHR Pewter Mug 770E-3
- BEHR Bakery Box BL-W09
- KILZ 2 White Interior/Exterior Primer
- Gorilla Wood Glue
- DAP Alex Painter’s Caulk
- DAP DryDex Spackling
- White Self-Closing Overlay Cabinet Hinge
- Mandara 3 3/4″ Pull
- Mandara 5 1/16″ Pull
- Spruce 1x4s
New Gas Cooktop/Range
Most of the demo work in our kitchen involved taking out the existing cooktop, tearing out the cabinet that housed it, and replacing it with a gas cooktop/range.
Click here to see the full article on our new range installation.
Refacing the Cabinets and Drawers
Changing the look of our cabinet doors and drawers was a long process, but nothing about it was difficult.
Click here to see the full article.
Installing The New Backsplash
For this project, I chose Peel and Stick Backsplash Tiles from Aspect, and they turned out great! Click here to see the full article on our backsplash installation.
Next up for our Kitchen Remodel
So this was a basic kitchen remodel. As I mentioned, in the future, we’ll take on the more involved projects like the ceiling lights, flooring, and countertops. We have only begun to deliberate on the options available to us.
For now, we’ll take a rest and enjoy our new-looking kitchen!
I’ve got more DIY for you!