Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Arlo Home Security but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Arlo Ultra 4K Home Security System At A Glance:
- Click here to learn more about the Arlo Ultra
- Arlo is America’s #1 internet-connected camera brand.
- The Arlo Ultra home security system features 4K HDR video and includes 1-year of Arlo Smart Premier service for up to 10 cameras with rolling 30-day cloud recordings.
- Arlo Ultra wire-free cameras may be placed anywhere to monitor a home or business with a wider panoramic view.
- With advanced night vision and integrated spotlight, users will see color video even at night.
- Advanced noise-cancelling technology minimizes background noise for crystal-clear, two-way conversations.
- Rechargeable batteries will provide months of service before needing to be charged.
- Available to purchase at Best Buy and Amazon
We live in one of those small towns where everybody knows your name – or at least it seems that way. Many of the residents are friendly and major crime is virtually non-existent.
However, like most towns, there’s no shortage of thieves. Several years ago, our home was even broken in to, and several thousand dollars worth of items were stolen. One thinks it will never happen to them – until it does.
If you share my experience, you probably also wish you had a camera system installed in hopes of catching a glimpse of the thief in action. This is no longer a wish for me, but a satisfying reality!
I now have America’s #1 internet-connected camera brand keeping watch, but the Arlo Ultra does so much more. Indeed, I can now keep an eye on my home with the most advanced video and audio quality through the Arlo app.
The CUJO Smart Firewall: Business-Level Internet Security For Your Home
Arlo Ultra 4K Home Security System
Allow me to introduce you to the Arlo Ultra 4K Home Security System. This system is cutting-edge technology for the DIY homeowner, a product of user feedback and historic Arlo technology to deliver the most robust and easy to use product.
Here’s a rundown of its key features:
- 4K Image Quality: This lens ensures cutting-edge image quality that allows for high resolution tracking and zooming to reveal key image details, including words, logos and license plates.
- Enhanced Night Vision: The integrated spotlight allows you to see video in color rather than traditional black and white.
- 180° View: Panoramic field of vision without the typical fisheye distortion.
- Pristine Audio: Listen and speak with anyone in range of your Arlo Ultra with clear, full 2-way audio. Set your siren to sound automatically, or trigger it from your phone upon receiving an alert.
- Weather Resistant: Arlo Ultra camera works indoors or out in rain, sleet or snow.
- Ease of Use: Easy compatibility with smart technology using the free Arlo App on Android or iPhone, logging in on your desktop or monitoring via an Apple Watch, Google Home Hub or Amazon’s Alexa.
- 1- Year Free of Arlo Smart Premier: Offers extended video and audio recordings for up to 30 days (and up to 10 cameras) and provides customized alerts for spotting people, packages, vehicles and animals. You can also set up specific areas or zones in the camera view to monitor and you can use it to send first responders to your home with a touch of a button.
And as a DIY-er, I also love that this system is wire-free and super-easy to install!
Installing the Arlo Ultra 4K Home Security System
If you watch the 40 second YouTube video above, you’ll see that I’ve broken the easy installation up into three steps.
- Connect the Arlo SmartHub to your network and insert the battery into your wireless camera.
- Drive in the screw w/ plastic clip, slide on the mount, then attach the camera.
- Download the Arlo app and follow the set-up instructions for a wireless camera.
It doesn’t get much easier than this!
How We Use The Arlo Ultra
As illustrated in the screenshots above, the camera has three different degree fields of view: 120, 155, and 180. We use 120 and love the view without the typical fish-eye distortion.
We’re now alerted to movements on our front porch and driveway, which is great in case any porch pirates decide to pay us a visit.
Where To Purchase
If you’re ready to protect your home and property with the easy-to-install, DIY, cutting-edge Arlo Ultra 4K Home Security System, head on over to: