Last Updated on August 16, 2020 by Bryan Fiveash
- Title: Dr. Mario World
- Platforms: Smart Device
- Release Date: 7/10/2019 Digital
- Publisher: Nintendo
- Developer: LINE, NHN
- ESRB: Everyone | In-Game Purchases
- Game Type: Puzzle
- Players: Up to 2 players
Shop For Mario Merchandise at Best Buy
I can’t believe it’s been 30 years since the release of the original Dr. Mario! This mobile version has really brought on the nostalgia for me and it’s been fun sharing the experience with my kids.
Dr. Mario World Details
In Dr. Mario World, meddlesome viruses have the world in a panic, and Dr. Mario and friends are tasked with eliminating them by matching capsules with viruses of the same color.
Players should keep calm, take their time and plan their approach carefully, as each puzzling combination of viruses in each stage must be cleared using a limited number of capsules.
Luckily, Dr. Mario isn’t the only one on call: A full office of doctors, including Dr. Peach, Dr. Bowser, Dr. Toad and many others, will be available to help players overcome the pesky viruses through various virus-busting skills.
Over 200 stages across many different worlds will be available, with new doctors, stages and worlds continuing to be added to Dr. Mario World on a regular basis after launch.
Dr. Mario World can also be played together with friends and family around the world. Players can earn and receive stamina-giving hearts from friends, and use the hearts to play Stage Mode. In Versus Mode, players can turn up the intensity by challenging others online to a one-on-one showdown in real time.
Use your puzzle skills to eliminate pesky viruses!
- Match capsules with viruses and watch them disappear! Simply match three objects of the same color vertically or horizontally to clear them.
- Luckily, Dr. Mario and friends have virus-busting skills, and you can use leftover half-capsules to strategically zero in on especially meddlesome viruses.
- Take your time, because each puzzling configuration of viruses must be cleared using a limited number of capsules. Keep calm to plan your approach, and you’ll rid the Dr. Mario’s world of viruses in no time!
Paging Dr. Mario!
- A colorful cast of viruses has Dr. Mario’s world in a panic! Dr. Mario and friends have put on lab coats and grabbed capsules! Now they’re ready to eliminate those unruly viruses.
- Dr. Mario isn’t the only one on call—Dr. Peach, Dr. Bowser, and others are on duty. Staff up with assistants like Goomba, Koopa Troopa, and Buzzy Beetle to help your doctors out with additional skills.
- Doctors and assistants have various virus-busting skills, so experiment to find a combination that suits your style and pace.
- Hundreds of stages over many different worlds are ready for you to save! New worlds, new doctors, and more will be delivered on a regular basis.
Play together with friends and family around the world!
- You’re not in this alone—send and receive stamina-giving hearts to use in stage mode! Then, show off your puzzle-solving progress.
- In versus mode, you can turn up the intensity on your virus-busting by challenging others to a one-on-one showdown—without using hearts!
- Find the right combo of doctor and assistants and aim for victory online to earn battle points and increase your tier!
Dr. Mario World: Prescription For Fun
“The Dr. Mario franchise first appeared in 1990, and this new installment brings the series’ colorful cast of viruses and Mushroom Kingdom doctor characters to an expanded audience on mobile devices,” said Nick Chavez, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “With Dr. Mario World, there will always be a doctor in the house, on the bus, in the car and anywhere your mobile devices go.”
Dr. Mario World can also be played together with friends and family around the world. In Versus Mode, players can turn up the intensity by challenging their friends or any other players online to a one-on-one showdown in real time.
By linking Dr. Mario World to Facebook or their Nintendo Account, players can not only see the Stage Mode progress of their friends, but also earn and receive stamina-giving hearts to use to play Stage Mode. Linking to a Facebook or Nintendo Account is not required to challenge other players in Versus Mode.
Bryan is a husband of 17 years and a father of four. He worked in various construction trades in his younger years and more recently was a General Manager for a hand-forged iron furniture store and restaurant.
For several years he has worked full time on this blog and has partnered with various brands including The Home Depot, QUIKRETE, Ryobi, Sinkology, Rust-Oleum, Wagner, BEHR, Disney, Best Buy, and many more.