Parents Who DIY
If you?re a parent and love DIY projects, please join my Facebook Group!
For the past several years, we’ve had lots of fun remodel projects in our home. From new board and batten wainscoting in our dining room to new concrete countertops in the kitchen, each project has been memorable in its own way.
I now want to share with you another fun project, especially for our daughters. Mommy and I just installed a new canvas wall mural from Limitless Walls, and we are thrilled at how it turned out!
Limitless Walls is owned by two brothers with decades of adhesive coating and printing experience behind them. That experience and the thousands of positive reviews were the reasons why we chose them for providing our wall mural.
If you’re looking to install a mural in your home, Limitless Walls has millions of options to choose from. You also have the option to use your own image as well.
Read on to see our Limitless Walls experience.
Tools and Supplies
Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.
Like many children, our girls have gone through many decorating choices in their bedroom. Their tastes have changed as they’ve gotten older, as evidenced by the different wall colors and themed pillows and sheets they’ve had. One thing that has stayed the same for a while, though, is their love of butterflies.
Wall-To-Wall Butterfly Habitat
For an accent wall, we decided to install a large wall mural. The first thing we needed to do is pick out a mural design. This is no easy task because Limitless Walls literally has millions of images to choose from.
Because our girls love butterflies, we chose this mural for their accent wall. It?s a custom size (8? h x 9? w) print on a premium peel and stick canvas. Yep, you read that right? peel and stick! No paste was required for my installation.
What?s amazing is that the adhesive is strong enough to work perfectly to attach the mural, but won?t damage the paint or walls during installation or a removal. Detailed installation instructions are also included in the package.
Limitless Walls Mural Installation
Mural Installation Steps
Time needed:?30 minutes.
How To Install a Limitless Walls Peel and Stick Wall Mural
- Remove any switch/outlet plates and wall fixtures.
- Smooth any bumps and fill holes with spackling.
- Wipe down the wall with a damp cloth to remove any dirt or dust.
- Hold up each panel (with backing attached) in front of the space they’ll be hung to preview how your mural panels will fit in the space.
- Draw a level line on the wall to use as a guide for the first panel.
- Peel the backing down a few inches from the top of the first panel, then place on the wall.
- Peel the backing down about a foot at a time, smoothing the print against the wall with the included squeegee as you go.
- Do not butt the panels. Each panel is printed with a 2″ overlap. When installing the next panel, overlap the previously installed panel by 2″.
- Repeat Steps 6, 7, and 8 for all subsequent panels.
- Perform a double cut to remove the overlap. (See the instructions included with your mural on how to do this)
- Reinstall any wall plates and fixtures.
This isn’t a difficult project to take on, but I strongly recommend having a helper to assist. It’s much easier to install a mural when someone else is behind the panels removing the backing.
Limitless Walls Provides Limitless Imagination
Limitless Walls has an informative page on why you should choose their product over paint or traditional wallpaper. There are pros and cons, but overall, I definitely recommend their wall murals. I base this on the simple ordering process, the ease of installation, and the high quality of their prints.
We plan to add more of these world-class murals to our home. For now, our girls will get to enjoy their massive butterflies and flowers! This new wall mural has completely changed the look of their bedroom and should provide inspiration for countless hours of imaginative play.
Bryan is a husband of 17 years and a father of four. He worked in various construction trades in his younger years and more recently was a General Manager for a hand-forged iron furniture store and restaurant.
For several years he has worked full time on this blog and has partnered with various brands including The Home Depot, QUIKRETE, Ryobi, Sinkology, Rust-Oleum, Wagner, BEHR, Disney, Best Buy, and many more.