Last Updated on September 21, 2020 by Bryan Fiveash
Parents Who DIY
If you’re a parent and love DIY projects, please join my Facebook Group!
Using Plaid paint is a fun way to add a bit of color to any space in the home. We recently redecorated our girls’ bedroom and creating a few small decor pieces was included in the project.
In this article, I’ll show you what we made and the products we used. These projects were so easy even the girls helped out!
Tools, Supplies, and PPE
Plaid Paint Bedroom Decor
We’ve used Plaid products for years and are always on the lookout for fun craft ideas. Our kids love to paint, so there’s always excitement in the house when we bring out the crafting supplies!
For this bedroom makeover, we made hanging wood frames for our watercolor paint art, a small sign, canvas art, and picture frame art.
Watercolor Painting With Hanging Wood Frame
- Step 1: Cut and rip the wood strips that will be used for the frame. (1 1/2″ wide x 1/8″ think and long enough to overlap both sides of the print by 1″)
- Step 2: Use a tape measure or ruler to center the print on the frame.
- Step 3: Place the frame pieces on the print according to your measurements.
- Step 4: Staple the frame together.
- Step 5: Tie a knot in your hanger string, then staple and glue it to the back of the frame.
Picture Frame And Canvas Art
- Step 1: Mix the colors and pouring medium individually in separate cups.
- Step 2: Pour the mixtures onto the material. (Gold is last)
- Step 3: Move the canvas or picture frame side to side to allow the paint to spread.
- Step 4: Once fully covered, allow the paint to fully dry.
Sign And Easel
- Step 1: Apply chalk paint to your sign.
- Step 2: Add your message via stencil of choice.
Bryan is a husband of 17 years and a father of four. He worked in various construction trades in his younger years and more recently was a General Manager for a hand-forged iron furniture store and restaurant.
For several years he has worked full time on this blog and has partnered with various brands including The Home Depot, QUIKRETE, Ryobi, Sinkology, Rust-Oleum, Wagner, BEHR, Disney, Best Buy, and many more.