Disclosure: I get commissions for purchases made through product links on this page. However, this has no effect on the price for you. Nor does this affect my opinions on these products.
The cordless drill is usually the most-used power tool in any home. It certainly is in mine. It’s easy to just grab a screwdriver when you need it, but it’s nice to have a drill for extra power when you need it!
Advantages Of A Brushless Hammer Drill
This hammer drill is nice to have because in addition to the regular drill and drive options, there’s a hammer option to power through tough material like concrete and mortar. Several years ago I worked as an electrician, and owning a hammer drill was essential. Not every homeowner will need a hammer drill, but they sure are nice to have, just in case.
A brushless motor is more efficient and has other advantages over a regular brush motor such as more power, but they’re usually more expensive. Honestly, most of the tools I own have brush motors, but over time I plan to upgrade to brushless like I did here with my hammer drill.
Because this is a ONE+ tool from Ryobi, I can use any of my 18v batteries that I use for other tools. Currently, you can get this hammer drill with a charger and battery at The Home Depot for $149.
Ryobi Brushless Cordless Hammer Drill Overview
– Powerful design produces up to 750 in./lbs. torque to handle the most demanding drilling and driving applications
– 24-position clutch and 2-speed gearbox for high speed or high torque performance needs
– 1/2 in. all-metal, keyless, ratcheting chuck for increased strength and durability
– Clutch override for quick mode changes
– Drill mode – for drilling holes in wood, plastic and metal
– Drive mode – for driving screws and bolts
– Hammer mode – for drilling holes in masonry and concrete
– LED light illuminates the work area and remains on for a time after trigger is released
– Belt clip mounts to both sides of drill for convenience
– Auxiliary handle assembly included for accuracy while drilling
– New and improved GripZone with microtexture for optimum grip and user comfort
– Magtray magnetic holder for convenient storage of screws and bits
I’ve got more DIY for you!